06 October 2007

Thanks for the responses! The trip date has been moved to the middle of November, so I'm going to give myself another week to sort out everything to see if I can go. I'm such a coward when it comes to traveling by myself, so it's a HUGE step for me.

Many of you said that you just couldn't leave yet, and although I feel the same, I still have that sense of longing to go and help if only just a bit. If I didn't have my husband staying here, it would be much harder! I'll keep you updated...

Last weekend we went to a Fundraiser for the KidFirst Foundation...a Russian Dinner. It was a amazing time! Next year it would be VERY cool for people to make this a get together type of function, and it's all for a wonderful cause...helping Russian orphans. Russian food, music, dancers, etc... in Indianapolis. Thanks for pushing for us to go, Cara. We had so much fun.
ME, Cari (mom to Kate...from Kirov and waiting on #2), Cara(mom to Victoria...from Kirov)

Mark my word...No Traditional Toasts (with Russian Vodka) next year! ! :)
What a picture to capture the awesome atmosphere of the evening!

Josh and Cara (proud parents of Victoria Marie...Kirov)



It's been so quiet in Bloggerland! Almost too quiet. We are all so busy now. All of our kids are getting so big, and I am so bias when it comes to how cute all of our Internationally Adopted children are. It is quite amazing that they all look totally different from those scared little faces at the very beginning. They have all gained weight, have totally different coloring, and look so happy and full of life. Quite different from the stark orphanage photos of little-no emotion.

Hope all is well with all of you!


JEN

1 comment:

Laura said...

Great pix! Looks like so much fun! I think it is great that you are going, and yes, you will be doing something to help! I wish I had the courage to do that, I am just such a home body :-)
hugs,
Laura