16 February 2007

Introduction



This is my husband and I on our 7th wedding anniversary. 7 years sounds like such a small amount of time...doesn't it? My husband sells textbooks, and I am a teacher. We met each other on an ATA flight in 1997. (St. Pete Airport) We were married in Florida, but although Hubby has moved around alot, I have always lived in this small Midwestern Town where we live now. It's rated the top 10 most wonderful small towns to raise a family in. We have had our ups and downs, but my husband is my very best friend. We have 3 crazy dogs and 2 silly kiddos.


I love my life...most days anyway.
We were both teachers at one point, and love children and animals.
When we got married in 1999, we were hoping to start a family relatively quick, but it didn't happen. Over $20,000 dollars of fertility meds/procedures and still...not pregnant. Then, a miracle happened...I got pregnant without any medication. We were overwhelmed with excitment, and fear. Sadly, just 8 weeks later, I miscarried.
Adoption was something that we had talked about for a while, but got serious about after finding out that we have an immunology issue and I will have trouble keeping a pregnancy to term.
We went to a few domestic adoption agencies to check them out, but I was not ready to wait years. I wanted a baby NOW!!! So, we went to a meeting at another agency, and they said that if we could get our paperwork done quickly, we would have a baby very soon. So, we began our homestudy process and ended our last homestudy meeting, signed our dossier, and reviewed our referral tape all in the same day. Amazing!!!
The rest is history. We are now a family of four and couldn't be happier.

No comments: